These days, punk is like classic rock. It's "oldies". People who liked punk when it was actually happening are in old age homes now. They have great-grandchildren. They remember the time before there was electricity. Nomeansno are like that. They started their band in 1979, which apart from being 33 1/3 years ago (which is coincidentally the number of rounds per minute on a long-playing vinyl record), is also before the invention of the motor car. Go on, look it up.
Nomeansno put out a record called Old, because that's what they are. It's been out of print for a while so we just pressed some more up in black & white splatter vinyl. Check it out!
Cool. right? Well we thought so.
Nomeansno are also touring. They do that a lot. Old people get stuck in their habits and they don't like change. They're coming to the UK for the first time in about five years, and to be honest, in the live environment, they kick the shit out of any band formed since about 1999. Which is pretty impressive for old people.
- Tuesday 21st Nottingham - The Doghouse
- Wedensday 22nd Manchester - Sound Control
- Sunday 26th Glasgow - Stereo
- Tuesday 28th Edinburgh - Electric Circus
- Wedensday 29th Newcastle - The Cluny
- Thursday 30th Exeter - The cavern
- Friday 31st London, Islington - The Lexington
- Saturday 1st Bristol - Exchange
- Sunday 2nd Brighton - The Hydrant
You can buy Old and a bunch of other Nomeansno stuff in our shop.