Annie in "New York I Knew You Well #1: The Bowery"
Ladies and Gentlemen, Annie is back!
A bon vivant born and raised in the Big Apple, Little Annie has commenced an impromptu, digital walking tour of the city that saved her life/damaged her irrevocably and ultimately inspired her music. What follows is a foretaste of Little Annie's ongoing video guerrilla diary chronicling a history of NYC and she. You can find instalments #1, #2 and #3 of the seriesNew York I Knew You Well on the Southern Records YouTube channel where the rest of the series will be hosted.
Annie’s comments on how things have changed/stayed the same/been radically transformed past any point of recognisability in her hometown is the perfect visual companion to her recent album, in collaboration with Mr. Paul Wallfisch,, Genderful (Southern Records).
Annie has just kicked off her European tour - where she is commencing a series of collaborative shows with the wondrousBaby Dee, with whom she has recently been writing and recording, to be followed by a guest support slot onMarc Almond'sforthcoming UK tour.
Here are the dates:
- 26 - The Crane Theatre, Cork IRELAND
- 29 - Small Beast @ Theater Cafe AM, Stadttheater, Dortmund GERMANY (with Paul Wallfisch)
- 30 - Malostranska Beseda, Prague CZECH REPUBLIC
- 31 - Rhiz, Vienna AUSTRIA)
- 1 - Unwound, Padova ITALY
- 2 - Kampnagel, Hamburg GERMANY
...Supporting Marc Almond, playing with Baby Dee
- 11 - Cliff's Pavilion, Southend
- 12 - The Anvil, Basingstoke, Hampshire
- 13 - De La Warr Pavilion Marina, Bexhill On Sea, East Sussex
- 15 - St David's Hall, Cardiff
- 19 - The Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool
- 20 - The Lowry, Salford
- 22 - The Grand Theatre and Opera House, Leeds
- 23 - The Picturehouse, Edinburgh
- 24 - The ABC, Glasgow
- 25 - The Sage, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 28 - The Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham
Stay tuned for more news, and if you want to purchase Genderful then you can do so via the Southern Records webshop.Thanks!